How to get to Tulum from Cancún International Airport
There are a few options to get you from Cancun to Tulum
- Rent a car
- Have your hotel arrange a pick-up for you
- Coach bus (ADO)
We chose option number 3 which was to take the ADO bus from Cancun airport right to the Tulum city centre.
After collecting our luggage we walked through a part of the airport that had all the rental car options on one side and the ADO ticket counter on the other side. The ADO ticket counter is very easy to spot as it is a bright red colour.
Cancún International Airport to Cancun Hotel Zone $78*
Cancún International Airport to Playa Del Carmen $190*
Cancún International Airport to Merida $672*
Cancún International Airport to Cozumel (bus and ferry) $353*
Cancún International Airport to Tulum $242*
*please note these prices are in Mexican Pesos
Where did we catch our bus?
Be advised that you’ll be expected to tip the workers as they place your luggage or bags in the belly of the bus.
Also: while you wait for your bus you can purchase a cold beer, but be prepared to pay airport prices.
What you can expect on the bus ride:
- The seats on the bus are comfortable and clean.
- Maybe work on your Spanish a bit because the movies they play will be in Spanish with absolutely no English subtitles.
- Make sure you have a sweater because more than likely the A/C will be working really well. Maybe a little too well
- The bus will stop at two ADO stations in the town of Playa Del Carmen to pick up and drop off more passengers.
- The ride to Playa Del Carmen was an hour and then another hour ride to Tulum.
- The bus will drop you off at the ADO which is on the main road in the town of Tulum.
If this post was helpful, please leave a comment. And remember, stay restless! xo