I was recently in Singapore for a month on an exchange program through my university where I got to study at Nanyang Technological University. What I learned during that month was that although Singapore is a small country it has big personality. There are tons of places to visit and things to see like the Jurong Bird Park, Chinatown, Sentosa Beach, East Coast Park, Orchard Road and the beautiful Gardens by the Bay which I got to visit my first time during my 16 hour layover in Singapore.
I’m not trying to brag or anything but yo… this time around, a year later I got to swim in the worlds largest rooftop infinity pool in the world in the Marina Bay Sands hotel! Knowing that I was going to be in Singapore for a month the closest I ever thought I would be to coming to that pool was walking in the lobby of the hotel…and that’s it. I’m serious because rooms are like $500 a night.
So how did I get up there?
Sometimes I’m lucky and I know some pretty awesome people. One of those cool people is one of my best friends John who is currently on one of the most epic travel adventures right now and one of his stops was Singapore. One of his dreams was to visit Singapore and stay at Marina Bay Sands so lucky for me he invited me to visit and we went swimming and had a fun photoshoot. You can keep up with his adventures on Instagram
So what makes the Marina Bay Sands infinity pool so epic?
- The pool is located on the 57th floor of the hotel
- The pool spans 150-meters in length
- The Skypark on which the pool is located is shaped as a boat
- The pool is 3x the length of an olympic pool
- The pool is divided into three sections
- If you’re hungry you can head to two luxury restaurants CÉ LA VI or Sky on 57
- There are Skypark photographers if you want your photo taken
- In order to swim in the infinity pool you must be a guest
- One of the highest viewing points in Singapore
Another cool thing about John is he is a dope photographer
The next time I visit Singapore again I hope that I can stay at Marina Bay Sands as an actual guest for a few nights! I better start saving my pennies… #LifeGoals